Over spring break I am going to Guatemala on a missions trip through my church! SO to help raise money for this trip I am going to be embroidering Nike Shorts! I know that last year a lot of the Siggies paid for their shorts to be embroidered through a company that got kind of pricy! SO I am offering to embroider anybodies shorts for 5 dollars! I can do it in a variety of fonts and colors too! (these look PRETTY snazzy on the intramural field)
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Well, two of my absolute favorite things are going to be in this blog. Lets start with CRAFT :)
For some of my friends this year I hand painted picture frames! I hadn't been crafting all that much this semester, so it gave me a chance to sit down and do what I enjoy most!
First I just bought unfinished wood picture frames:
after that I painted them completely blue
Then I stenciled everything I wanted on top of the paint in pencil~
The font I tried to make mine look like was found HERE and its called LOVE LETTERS :)
Then All I needed was a little yellow and white paint and sharipe and WALLAH!
TA DA!! I will make these for people & sell them!
OH next major thing before CUPCAKES is that I am going to Guatemala on a missions trip this spring break! So any of my sewing stuff that you see on here PLEASE order it! I will use 100% of my profit to go on this missions trip
okay. NOW cupcake time!
Since being off my diet I have been CRAVING red velvet cupcakes I found this recipe online HERE
and boy do these look yummyyyy
Sunday, December 5, 2010
This week has been such a struggle... Thanksgiving break was such a tease and then I have had some of my hardest tests this week, and lets get real, finals will be no walk in the park either. This verse has come to me at the perfect time and has encouraged me greatly and I just felt like someone else needed to read it, hear it, and understand it just like I did.
1 Peter 4:12-13
"Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world."
I hope that everyone is having a nice holiday season and is ready to enjoy the last few days of 2010!
Humbled in Him,
Thursday, December 2, 2010
I haven't blogged since Thanksgiving.. I know.. its only been a week.. but I had the urge to update the blog. so, naturally you can't stop that urge. Lets see here. What is going on in my life.
1. Finals- I only have 2! yay!
2. Break- Not much planned. but it should still be fun... hopefully! I mean.. its christmas.. what isn't fun about that?
3. Diet- Doing the HCG diet again. For some reason it is a lot harder this time then last. But I am really proud of myself, I haven't cheated once! and I am down 8 pounds! yes!
4. I was having my quiet time the other day and I stumbled up such a wonderful verse it is Romans 6:14 - "Sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." Dang. LOVE that verse, it was exactly what I needed to hear and it just warmed my heart
5. Well, I really don't have a 5, but lets get real, I couldn't just stop at 4. SO this is actually a filler. I will do another blog post soon about a craft I did, but I am giving it to some people and I don't want to spoil it on here!
I hope you are having a great start to the month of DECEMBER? woah. where did 2010 go?
Here is a picture of the BFF crew over thanksgiving! I love them! and yes. I am awkwardly in the middle. there were six of us... there was no more room on the couch. It got awkward.