Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Quiet


Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me
-Psalms 131:2

During the past two weeks it seems like my days have been mad chaos. I have been waking up at 7 or earlier every morning, and staying up until midnight or later to finish homework or finish up a project. I am constantly going and going and going! But this weekend I have had some large amounts of time to myself, time that I have been able to sllllooowww down.

I honestly was not looking forward to this weekend, a lot of people went out of town and I wasn't going to have much to do. But what an immense blessing it has been to have some time to myself, it was BEYOND needed. I was able to spend a good chunk of time in the word which always makes me feel 100x better :) But now I have a confession to make. I enjoyed the silence, I enjoyed the alone time. I enjoyed going to be early and sleeping in late. I enjoyed the nothingness. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't just veg out all weekend, I did a lot of homework and a lot of quality time with God and I did spend some time with some sweet friends; But it was the change in pace that was refreshing. .

This is what was on my heart right now, I know, not super exciting, but it was important for me to realize that there is joy found in the nothingness of life.

So here is to slowing down and having less chaos and more quiet.

-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment