Thursday, July 12, 2012

Becoming an Oxfordian!

What a whirlwind the past 3 days have been! I have had such a good time trying to adjust to this incredible city! Our airplane ride was an experience for sure, I was sitting on a aisle next to a man who travels to Narobi Africa 6 times a year for a month at a time! It was awesome to get to hear his story!
Here is a collage that sums up our plane ride pretty well!



Once we got to London we had about an hour and a half drive to our little home on Canterbury road!



I am living in House 9 for the next four weeks it was built in 1850!!! It is a precious house! I love it! The first day we got unpacked and trekked down to Downtown Oxford! walking around down here is like walking around in a movie, everything is so picturesque! Here are a few pictures from our walk to downtown! 






This city is so enchanting! I just am loving it here! After walking around we decided to grab dinner at a local pub called the Royal Oak! It was so good! We all got hamburgers! 


The first night we went to bed super early because we were pooped! 

Day 2: 
We went to class from about 9-12! Most of todays class consisted of lots of questions about the culture! I am really going to enjoy being here! Almost immediately after class our little group ran down to On the Hoof! Its the quaintest little sandwich shop that I just LOVED it & see myself chowing down there often! 


After that we freshened up and headed back into town!  Here are a few more pictures of the downtown city of Oxford! 

 This pub is where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolken talked about Theology and things! It is so neat to be in these places that so many famous people have been to!! 


Here is a city view down the main alley




 This is one of my new sweet friends Jenny Dodd!! She is absolutely precious! In this picture we are in a church that was built in 900!! So ancient! It was amazing!! 

 This building is was built in 1400... seriously amazing... maybe wasn't an Austin Reed back then but the building is original! 


This wall that I am touching was built in 1000... It was the original wall of the city of Oxford! It was incredible to touch this piece of history! 


 This is Christ Church! It was maybe one of the most beautiful palaces I have seen yet! 




Hopefully I will update again soon! But that sums up my first 2 full days in Oxford! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, sweet Christine! I hope you're having the time of your life. Tell my sweet Jenny hello for me... I miss both of your precious faces. Praying for your time there!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete